Let Your Voice be Heard in the Pepco $77.5M Rate Increase (Click here)
If you are a District resident and you have a complaint involving your electric, natural gas, or local telephone services, you have the right to file a consumer complaint with the Office of the People's Counsel.
Next Steps in the process:
1) Using the information you have provided about your complaint, OPC will contact the utility company on your behalf to begin to negotiate an agreement, payment plan or other resolution.
2) After your utility company investigates the matter and presents its findings to OPC, a consumer complaint specialist will contact you with a proposed negotiated arrangement with the utility Company.
3) You will have the option to either accept the proposed arrangements or negotiate further with the company (if possible).
4) Once an agreement has been reached with the utility company, OPC will send you a letter confirming the terms of your agreement.
5) If OPC is unable to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, you have the right to request an informal hearing before the D.C. Public Service Commission.